In this short tutorial" I will bring you closer to the topic: SQL Developer" How Change Password / Reset Password? We can change the password in at least two ways, using:
Table of Contents
What Is SQL Developer?
Integrated development environment called Oracle SQL Developer makes it easier to create and administer Oracle" Databases for both on-premises and cloud deployments. As well as offering a worksheet for running queries and scripts, a DBA console for managing the database", a reports interface, a complete data modeling solution, and a migration platform for transferring your third-party databases to Oracle", SQL Developer" also offers end-to-end development of your PL/SQL applications.
Running queries against your Oracle" Database might be all that it is, or it could be a full-fledged modeling, development, and management solution. You are given a tour of the full product during this session.
The important is that this tool is fully free and you can use to play with Oracle" Database. If you will spend more time you can also use this Oracle" tool to connect to other databases – all you need is just add required JDBC library.
SQL Developer Change Password
That would be enough for an introduction. Let’s check how to change password is SQL Developer".
SQL Developer How change password in Oracle Database?
Changing the password may be forced by security reasons, that you need to set a more suitable password, or you simply are approaching the expiration date of the password and we want to change it before the deadline. Or even you forgot Oracle" database password.
In this tutorial" I will show you 2 approaches how you can change the password.
Method 1 -> SQL Statement
In first method you can use any Database Editor you like. It can be DBeaver, Toad or SQL Developer" from Oracle".
Using SQL" syntax. Use below SQL" statement, change to your values and execute.
alter user user_name identified by you_new_password replace old_password;
Method 2 -> Using SQL Developer Tool
Using Oracle" tool. Click the right mouse button on the connection to which you want to change the password, then select “Reset password…”. In the new window, first enter the current password, then enter the new password twice and click “OK“.
Password Best Practices
There are several good practices for choosing and managing passwords to help keep your accounts secure:
- Use strong passwords: A strong password is long, complex, and unique. It should include a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using easily guessable passwords such as “password” or “123456”.
- Use a password manager: A password manager is a tool that stores your passwords securely and generates random, strong passwords for you. This helps to ensure that you are using unique passwords for each of your accounts and makes it easier to manage your passwords.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password. This helps to prevent unauthorized access even if your password is compromised.
- Don’t share your passwords: Never share your passwords with anyone, even friends or family. If someone asks for your password, it is likely a scam.
- Use different passwords for different accounts: Using the same password for multiple accounts increases the risk of your accounts being compromised if one of them is hacked. Use unique passwords for each of your accounts to reduce this risk.
By following these best practices, you can help keep your accounts secure and protect your personal information.
Please use the above information when you will be resetting password.
To sum up to change the password in SQL Developer", you can follow these steps:
- Open" SQL Developer" and connect to the database as the user" whose password you want to change.
- In the Connections navigator, right-click on the connection and select “Change Password”.
- Enter the current password and the new password in the appropriate fields.
- Click the “Change Password” button to save the new password.
Keep in mind that the method for changing the password may vary depending on the database management system (DBMS) you are using. Consult the documentation for your DBMS for more information.
That’s will be all about topic: how to change password in SQL Developer"!
I hope that thanks to this short post you were able to change your password and everything works as it should 🙂 Let me know if you liked this post!
Could You Please Share This Post? I appreciate It And Thank YOU! :) Have A Nice Day!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?