In this tutorial" I will show you how to install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu" 18.04. Recently, Microsoft Teams has been gaining more and more popularity among users. All in all, it is not surprising, because currently on the market it is difficult to find a better tool for communication between people in an organisation or in private use.
Table of Contents
As Teams are a native Microsoft" product, it is perfectly integrated with the rest of the applications to which we have access, e.g. in Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook etc. Due to the fact that all these tools come from Microsoft", they are simply they work very well together.
Microsoft" Teams is a collaboration platform that combines chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration in a single tool. It is designed to facilitate teamwork and communication in organizations of all sizes.
With Microsoft" Teams, you can:
- Communicate with your team members" in real time through chat and video calls
- Share and collaborate on files with your team
- Integrate with other applications and tools you use in your work
- Customize your workspace with a variety of features and extensions
Microsoft" Teams is available as a web-based platform, as well as on desktop and mobile devices. It is included as part of Microsoft" 365, or can be purchased as a standalone service.
Download Teams For Ubuntu
The first step is to download the installation file, which is available on the official Microsoft" website. In this post I will install Teams" using the DEB extension. We download the file and save it to disk.
Install Teams On Ubuntu
To install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu" 18.04, simply double-click on the downloaded file. The Ubuntu" Software application opens. Click the Install button. After a while, the application will be installed.
First Launch And Login
Then, once we have the Microsoft" Team application installed, we can search for it in the Show Applications Menu.
After starting the application, a login" window will appear. You must provide your email address, which we used to create the Microsoft" account", because the provided email address must be connected to your subscription, e.g. Office 365.
We will be redirected to the Microsoft" login" page. Enter your email address and password again here. (install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu" 18.04)
The last step is to confirm whether we want our user" to be logged in all the time. I suggest using this option, because it will save you time and you will not have to enter your login and password the next time you start the Microsoft Teams" application.
Install Teams Via Command Line Interface (CLI)
o install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu", follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft" Teams download page at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app.
- Click on the “Download for Linux” button. This will download the Microsoft" Teams DEB file.
- Open" the terminal and navigate to the directory where the DEB file was downloaded using the
cdcommand. For example, if the DEB file was downloaded to the Downloads folder, you can use the following command:
- Install the DEB file using the
sudo dpkg -i teams_1.3.00.5153_amd64.deb
- If the installation encounters any dependencies issues, you can use the
apt-getcommand to install them.
sudo apt-get -f install
- Once the installation is complete, you can start Microsoft" Teams by launching it from the application menu or by typing
teamsin the terminal.
That’s all about how to install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu" 18.04 (Linux")! I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy!
Could You Please Share This Post? I appreciate It And Thank YOU! :) Have A Nice Day!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?